Saturday, March 7
Join us for a day full of bison education, networking, food & fun! Get information relevant to our current industry needs, for both seasoned and beginning bison ranchers and those in the industry. We will also be having our annual elections and general membership meeting. Plan on a filling bison lunch, and as always, a perfectly prepared bison dinner followed by some rambunctious fun at our benefit auction.
Join us in the spring for our annual bison conference where we bring in speakers to present on various educational topics, such as:
- Environmental Management (soil, land, drought, etc.)
- Bison Care (vet, handling, vaccinations, etc.)
- Business & Finance for Ranching (bison financing, business plans, etc.)
- Industry News (nutrition, legislation, etc.)
We also hold our annual general membership meeting during the conference, including annual elections for our Board of Directors.
Bison Ranch Tour
Join us in the fall for our annual bison ranch tour(s) where we select 1-3 bison ranches in a particular location to tour. During these visits, you’ll see how each rancher has addressed:
- Handling Facilities
- Food & Water Management
- Pasture Management
Tours include opportunities for questions & answers with the ranch managers and a bison BBQ or meal.
- September 8, 2018: Tour of Beaver Creek Buffalo Ranch near Goodland, Kansas
- March 2-3, 2018: Spring conference in Westminster, Colorado
- August 18-19, 2017: Tour of Big Heart Bison Ranch and Platte River Power Authority Rawhide Energy Station herds in northern Colorado
- March 17-18, 2017: Spring conference in Loveland, Colorado