June 21 - 23, 2020
Join the National Bison Association (NBA) & RMBA for their 2020 Summer Conference in beautiful Cheyenne, Wyoming! This event will feature great bison feasts, top-notch networking opportunities, education on topics pertinent to the bison business, and at least two working bison ranch tours in the Cheyenne area. Please mark your calendars for this great event and don’t miss out on the summer’s biggest bison get together. For travel planning, please note, conference programming will technically begin on Monday, June 22nd. June 21st is a travel day with a welcome reception planned for that evening. The conference will end on June 23rd after a conference banquet dinner.
Join us in the spring for our annual bison conference where we bring in speakers to present on various educational topics, such as:
- Environmental Management (soil, land, drought, etc.)
- Bison Care (vet, handling, vaccinations, etc.)
- Business & Finance for Ranching (bison financing, business plans, etc.)
- Industry News (nutrition, legislation, etc.)
We also hold our annual general membership meeting during the conference, including annual elections for our Board of Directors.
Bison Ranch Tour
Join us in the fall for our annual bison ranch tour(s) where we select 1-3 bison ranches in a particular location to tour. During these visits, you’ll see how each rancher has addressed:
- Handling Facilities
- Food & Water Management
- Pasture Management
Tours include opportunities for questions & answers with the ranch managers and a bison BBQ or meal.
- September 15, 2019: Tour of Brush Meat Processors in Brush, CO and Monkey Ranch near Kimball, NE
- March 2-3, 2019: Spring conference in Westminster, CO
- September 8, 2018: Tour of Beaver Creek Buffalo Ranch near Goodland, KS
- March 2-3, 2018: Spring conference in Westminster, CO
- August 18-19, 2017: Tour of Big Heart Bison Ranch and Platte River Power Authority Rawhide Energy Station herds in northern Colorado
- March 17-18, 2017: Spring conference in Loveland, CO